Sep 6, 2011

Ramones

As the school year slowly progresses, I'm reminded of a few lines from a Ramones song:



"Well I don't care about history
Rock, rock, rock'n'roll high school
'Cause that's not where I wanna be"


Now, I kind of enjoy history, but I'm sure many of you can relate to this.

The Ramones were active from the early 70s to the mid 90s. They hailed from Queens, New York and consisted of four grungy-looking boys: Joey, Johnny, DeeDee, and Tommy. As some band members died, others were recruited, but we don't like to talk about that. These guys were part of the start of punk rock in the States. The remaining Ramones don't do much anymore, but in 2011, the group was awarded a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award.



Personally, this is probably one of my all-time favorite bands, and I hold a lot of sentimental value to their music. If you haven't already, check them out. I know they're kind of old, but they rocked in the 70s and 80s.

The Ramones - Sheena Is A Punk Rocker .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

No comments:

Post a Comment